Has your individual health insurance policy recently been cancelled?
Are you between jobs, and need coverage for a few weeks or months?
Are you a college student in need of coverage until classes begin?
THE ANSWER TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS IS SHORT TERM MEDICAL COVERAGE.
- Short term medical is a limited form of health insurance designed to bridge you to permanent individual or employer based group coverage.
- Short term medical insurance is designed to protect your assets by paying for catastrophic hospital medical costs.
- The coverage will only pay for your inpatient hospital, ER, or Urgent Care medical services.
- Some policies may include some form of office visit co-payments before or after the deductible.
- Drug coverage is usually limited to inpatient hospital; however, some carriers may include a drug discount card.
- Pre-existing conditions diagnosed during 12 months prior to enrollment are normally excluded. In addition, carriers may also decline enrollment if a major illness has occurred within the last 5 years.
- The coverage is sold on a month to month basis, up to a maximum of 6 months. Some carriers may allow the policy to roll over for additional days or months.
- You may tailor the coverage to the actual number of days needed until the effective date of permanent insurance.
- You may select policy maximums that range from $750,000 to $2,000,000 per person.
- You may select a deductible from $500 to $7500; co-insurance (the amount you pay after deductible) of 20% or 50% making your total out of pocket costs (your maximum financial risk) $1,500 to $10,000, including deductible.
- You have a choice of having an effective date the day after enrollment or up to 30 days in the future.
- You may pay on a monthly basis or the total premium up front for the actual number of days of the policy.
- The premiums may only be paid by credit card.
- You may enroll directly online, and after approval the carrier will automatically download your ID card(s) and Certificate of Coverage.
If you have questions, contact me directly at (626) 797-4618 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org